Friday, December 13, 2013

NEW!!! SNMOC - Coats & Churches: Church Shopping as a Modern American Phenomenon

We Americans and others shop for churches like we shop for coats. Does the coat suit me? Does it make me look good? Does it "feel" good? Is it agreeable to my own sensibilities? If we ask ourselves those same questions and simply substitute the word "church", We will find the crux of the issue. Does this church suit me? Does this church make me look good? Does it make me feel good? Does this church agree with my own sensibilities? Dear ones... with such an outlook, we are looking for the church created in our own image and not the Church that is the Body of Christ. Think upon this. To become part of Christ's Holy Church one must sacrifice his own image in order to take upon himself the image and likeness of Christ; for indeed we are called to become imitations of Christ in all that we do. Even unto the Cross.

1 comment:

  1. For some the only question is, "Is it truly Orthodox"?

    ReplyDelete